Friday, December 18, 2009

An Intervention

OK. This is Clay. Robin is upstairs showering, but I wanted to let you, her loyal readers, know Robin has a problem and I'm going to stage an intervention. She is a hoarder of baking supplies. Really. I just did a quick inventory and found the following:

41 lbs. of flour
19 lbs. of chocolate chips.
16 lbs. of sugar (this is not counting the multiple bags of powdered and brown sugar I didn't have time to count.)

Her baking supplies are taking over our house. And taking over her life... Here's a sample of what's on our kitchen counter at the moment:


I know some of your are enablers. You know who you are. The most important thing is to not tip her off. She will deny the problem. The most important thing is to let her know we love her and...

Oh oh, here she comes... Gotta go.

7 comments:

kim said...

Are you sure that she's not actually a Mormon?

robinwehl said...

I made a pie and cookies yesterday, now we are down to 40 lbs of flour and 18 1/2 lbs of chocolate chips.
It is going to go fast!

Debbie said...

Cutting off your nose to spite your face? What kind of loonie wouldn't want Robin to bake!

Anonymous said...

With 18 1/2 lbs of chocolate chips, I well be expecting to see some cookies when I get there Tuesday.
Larry--Dad--Grandpa La La.
( we all like your cookies )

Unknown said...

Robin...It's Rabbi Laurie! I just received your beautiful card with your ever-expanding family! I love that you still send me one! Where do you all live now and what's up with your lives? You can email me at rabbilaurie@congregationmicah.org.

Please do!

deebee said...

Well I couldn't possibly be an enabler since I don't get to reap the rewards of her baking here in Columbus. One ought not complain about that kind of hoarding as you sir certainly are a benefactor. Maybe she ought to withhold from you until you change your ways. I suggest she get a giant lock box and cut you off for awhile....at least until you buy her ten new kitchen items.

Hugo's Momma said...

I would love to be an enabler....please send me some of those yummy baked goods... Austria needs some Robin!!!