Thursday, August 14, 2008

Nana, at your service

My kids adore Nana. According to them she can do no wrong.
Imagine, if you will, the following scene.
We are at my mom's house and it is 5pm. George and Goldie are hungry and I'm making soup for them. George is sitting at the table waiting for his soup while Goldie is out of her seat yelling and pointing at my mom's pantry. My mom walks over to the pantry and opens it up for her. Her yells are getting louder and she is frantically trying to show Nana something that is in a basket on the door. Oh, it is a lollipop. (Lollipops are usually a special treat maybe earned on a long car ride or perhaps after a doctor appointment that involves shots.)
Not according to Nana. She takes the lollipop down, puts Goldie in her high chair and gives it to her for dinner.
Her rational when questioned?
"It was root beer flavor, I honestly didn't think she'd eat it."

And, if that wasn't enough she tried to feed her soup while she sucked the lollipop.
Oddly enough she didn't want any.

No comments: