Monday, January 5, 2009

Fat a rat tat

I just had my OB/GYN appointment, which I actually look forward to each month.
I get to go to the doctor ALONE and read magazines and veg while Clay stays home and irons melty beads http://www.klutz.com/catalog/product/104?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=CPC&utm_term=melty%20beads&utm_content=2552453781&utm_campaign=Top%20Performers and refills sippy cups.
This month Clay thought it would be fun if our whole family went and George and Goldie could hear the baby's heart beat.
Good idea, in theory.
Dr. Koala, whom I ADORE, was running very late. We sat in the waiting room for 40 minutes and then brought the kids into a tiny exam room.
Picture this, if you will, Goldie is pulling out brochures on birth control and George is fidgeting with the stirrups while the nurse is trying to take my blood pressure which is rapidly rising.
Clay, the good dad, is trying to distract them but there aren't so many interesting things in an exam room unless you like test tubes, little brushes for swabbing, and petry dishes.
And the good news? I gained 11 lbs since my last appt.
Next time I'm going alone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Robin! Baby #3 - holy smokes do we need to catch up soon! - Gina