Monday, April 4, 2011

The Ring

Months before I turned 40 I hung an ad for a ring I liked on our bulletin board to help Clay in case he wanted to buy any birthday gifts in July. Specifically the end of July. After all, his wife and the mother of his THREE children was turning 40!

Forty. Four Oh!

On the morning of my birthday, my fortieth birthday, that is. I opened my gift, which was the loveliest turkey roasting pan ever. (Thanks Nancy for helping Clay out. I'll get you back someday.)

Fast forward to yesterday when I rediscovered the ad for the lovely ring and asked George to leave it on daddy's desk with a little note on the top.



After all, Mother's Day and our anniversary are on the same day this year.

Imagine my horror when I saw the response on my desk this afternoon.


In case you can't read the fine print, it says, and I quote:

"Are you f***ing Nutz, Mommy?!"

It also has a little info about "my ring," which says it retails for a mere $2,000 to $17,000.

Harrumph.

6 comments:

kim said...

If Clay bought a similar ring that would leave enough money in reserve for your THREE children to go to college, would you pretend not to notice it wasn't the exact ring?

robinwehl said...

Kim-
Do you know someone in the business? If not clay's father-in-law does. Or maybe lala can find one on Bigdeal.com

kim said...

I know no one.

Did you know there is a Granny or Grandma LaLa? She has a gluten-free bakery.

I just read that bouncy, blow-up toys are losing popularity because they are full of lead. It is recommended children wash their faces and hands when they get out. And not lick the walls.

robinwehl said...

There goes dinner in the bouncy house!

Anonymous said...

Who taught that boy to say such words? Maybe Grandpa Lala.

The Reluctant Mother said...

I stand by the turkey roaster!