Monday, July 18, 2011

Makin' Whoopie Pies

Last Tuesday was the second annual Oddfellows Whoopie Pie bake-off, which I won for Best Classic Whoopie Pie last year.

And the winner for the Best Home Baker Traditional Whoopie Pie 2011 is:

The Reigning Champion, ME!

And the best part about all of this is that next year I get to be a judge. 'Cus to tell the truth, between the Mexican chocolate, sea salt and caramel, espresso flavor, and other varieties of whoopie pies I experimented with in the week leading up to the competition, I'm SICK of making whoopie (pies). DONE!

Although, you have to admit these winning pies do look awfully tasty:



And my sea salt caramels, which didn't win, are easy on the eyes as well.



In other news, Milo said the following to me in the car today: "You go away. You're mean and you're crazy."

Who told him? Seriously. Who did it?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Wow, 2 years in a row! They must be really good. Of course, I wouldn't know because I've never had one. Grandpa Lala

robinwehl said...

Just wait until august! I have two jars of fluff that need using.

Hugo's Momma said...

They look yummy! I want one too :-)
Aren't you supposed to be coming to Vienna???

kim said...

Make it late August and I'll stop by with Grandpa Lala and help you taste-test.

robinwehl said...

Grandpa lala is coming in September, everyone is welcome to stop by for a reception to welcome him. Details tbd.
Lisa- Goldie and I want to come to Vienna! I miss you.

Hugo's Momma said...

We want you to come too!!! Let's figure it out!
Did I tell you my sister Amie and her partner bought a house in Olympia? They are in the process of moving there things this week!!