Friday, December 23, 2011

Roasted Carrots Scented With Cumin and Lime

The other night for Hanukkah dinner we made these yummy roasted carrots with cumin and lime. I also fried latkes again but I'm so over those I can't stand to even write about 'em.

After my friend Shannan ate her 57th carrot she claimed, "I can't stop eating these carrots and I don't even like carrots!"

That's how good they are!

Make these carrots immediately and email me in the morning.

Roasted Cumin-Lime Carrots

1 pound thin carrots with fresh green tops
2 tablespoon olive oil
Juice and fresh grated zest of 1 lime
1 teaspoon honey
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon each ground coriander and smoked paprika
2 green onions, thinly sliced
Small handful fresh mint leaves, chopped

Heat oven to 400 degrees.

Trim the tops off the carrots Toss them on a baking sheet with the olive oil, lime juice and zest, honey, salt and spices.

Roast about 20 minutes, depending on size, until the carrots are just tender and beginning to brown. Transfer to a plate and sprinkle with the green onions and mint before tossing together and serving. I served them room temperature as an appetizer with champagne, that tasted like cough syrup (which I don't advise), and cheese and crackers.

Serves one hungry friend or 4 normal folks.

Confidential to Flora: I'm practicing posting recipes for "my cookbook"!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE! I'm just surprised it wasn't already in the works... can't wait to see it on the shelves...