Friday, July 24, 2009

15th Ave Coffee and Tea



This morning we took the kids to 15th Ave. Coffee and Tea. aka: the new Starbucks that's on 15th and has baristas in street clothes instead of black shirts and green aprons and a funky new ambience. They opened this morning and we wanted to be first on the scene.

Outside the front doors were hilarious protesters dressed like Howard Shultz and baristas. They were so effective, they actually made me feel guilty for stepping inside. (I can't wait for the day I'm so bored that I have time to protest a Starbucks opening, or anything else for that matter!)

Once inside, George cried. He wanted the old Starbucks back. "The old Starbucks was better... They had chocolate milk..." To be read in your best four-year-old whiny voice.

Clay and I liked the decor and the general concept and I've decided that I have enough love in my heart for multiple coffee houses.

George, on the other hand, does not. When we walked out, the protesters asked us how we enjoyed our experience and I apologetically confessed to liking it.

George wanted me to turn back and let them know that he did not like it at all and wasn't planning on returning.

Harrumph!

http://www.capitolhillseattle.com/2009/07/24/protesters-start-early-at-15th-ave-coffee-and-tea

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/businesstechnology/2009527518_starbucks24.html?cmpid=2628

2 comments:

seizuresky said...

I tried the 15th Ave Coffee and Tea (aka Starbucks)this am. I was NOT impressed. My order was taken by a little guy who proceeded to go on break after placing my drink cup who knows where?. HELLO! Where's the organization behind the bar? I finally had to ask for my drink. No "Gee,we're sorry." No smiles and the worker bees didn't appear all that excited to be working there. The decor was dark, depressing and more like garage sale rehab. Though it's owned by Starbucks no using their cards!

robinwehl said...

George tried it again and likes it.
Have you had the chocolate crossiant?