Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Racoons and Sleep Deprivation

I read today that having a two-year-old is like having a blender that you don't have a top for.

I have to agree. Especially when that two-year-old is Goldie.

Last night she woke up four times during the night. And each time she screached "Ma-Mai!" at the top of her lungs.

This morning I wanted to debrief with her. I gently explained that our family needs sleep and when she yells during the night it disturbs us all.

And her response?

"There was a racoon in my room. I yelled for my mommy and she came in and said, "What the heck."

As if I ever say "What the heck." I don't know that I've ever uttered the expression "What the heck."

...Oh, and that part about the racoons was a little dubious as well.

Poor sweet George, who must be sleep deprived from his sister's yelling throughout the night said, "Mommy, is that really true? Was there really a racoon in her room?"

1 comment:

Hugo's Momma said...

What the heck? Is your signature line ;-)