Thursday, March 11, 2010

Pizza Rolls



After taking a bread making class, Goldie and I tried out our new skills and made pizza rolls for dinner. (Don't I have some cute friends?)

Here are the highlights and a recipe so you can try it at home.

Step one
Occupy your other children so you can concentrate.



Add 3/4 cup warm water and 2 teaspoons yeast to mixer.



Have your assistant add 2/3 c. yogurt, 3 T. honey, 4 T. oil and 1 c. hot tap water in a dish and mix with vigor



Dump the yogurt mixture and 6 c. whole wheat flour in mixer.
Don't add everything at once or you'll create a big mess and your husband will get very mad at you. Alternate adding the ingredients.

Let it mix for 20 minutes. I know. Long time. Now cover it and put it someplace warm.


After it rises, punch it down and let it rise until you can poke it and still see the hole. It should look like your belly in month 5 of pregnancy. (I should have removed Goldie's apple for the photo.)


Let it rise again, 35-60 minutes. Take your hunk of dough and cut it into two hunks. Roll one flat, as if you were making cinnamon rolls. The other can be baked in a loaf pan. Slash the top and brush with butter. Yummy.


Spread pizza sauce, chopped veggies and cheese and roll up. Then, slice and put on a baking tray. I added a sprinkle of extra cheese 'cause I'm like that.



Bake both in oven at 350 until brown.


This recipes makes one loaf of bread and one batch of pizza rolls. Two for the price of one! You can thank me later.

If you want the recipe in a better format, just let me know!

1 comment:

ayhunt said...

Oh Man! That's what I missed out on? Bummer!