Monday, March 22, 2010

We've Been Busy... Very Busy

Tonight I called Clay's dad just to hear his sweet voice. First he accused me of wanting something and then berated me for not posting anything on my blog in the last 11 days. I've been busy! Very, very busy.

Here is proof.

We celebrated St. Patrick's Day with our favorite Irish friends.



We built a vertical potato box in our front yard with our good friend Jack.



We had one of our many garages removed. We previously had garage space for 5 cars, and we park on the street. Don't fret, we still have three spaces left, just in case.



The weather peaked above 50, so the P'kini made another appearance. She even insisted on wearing it to the coffee shop on 15th.



We made George wear Swiffer pads on his feet and "skate" around our house.



We went on a ferry boat ride to San Juan Island. Goldie was very disappointed to discover that actual fairies didn't drive the boat.



We attended a beautiful wedding with a beautiful bride.



During the reception we were surprised to suddenly see acrobats tumbling across the room.



Oh, and Car seats? Nah. We decided to do away with those and just let George feel the wind in his hair like we did when we were kids.



And we picnicked in our backyard and ate the world's best turkey burgers. Seriously.

Here's Clay's talking to his dad, the one I called to say hello to because it seemed like he should be outside with us and our very good meal. So, THAT's why I haven't posted in 11 days.




And don't forget our lovely day in Tacoma.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, I forgive you-----but still 11 days? Thank you for calling last night,that was very nice.
Love you all

Grandpa La La

leorabakes said...

I second the motion. I kept checking and checking and wondering what you were up to and why you weren't telling me!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah--I was calling you a slacker, too--I'm with Grandpa La La. Whadda we gotta do to get updates? And don't think just because your last post was long, newsy, and comprehensive (I especially like the garage shots)that you are off the hook for 11 more days!
xoHedder

Anonymous said...

Gina came over after happy hour tonight and I just showed her your fabulous blog. She wanted to see a picture of you; we found one, but we decided it just didn't look like Vegas Robin with the dirty feet wrapped in my pink tank top, sleeping on a lounge chair by the pool. Why I didn't have my camera with me for that scene I'll never know.
:) Ericka