Friday, September 3, 2010

The New Deck

Sorry for the neglect, we've been busy, busy, busy.

We've had guests from Yakima and Grandpapa Lala arrived yesterday. We also hosted a real life food critic for dinner, which is a crazy story good enough for a blog post later.

And I've "needed" to bake a challah every other day and make cookies or cupcakes on the other days. Some days I bake both just to make up for the non-baking weeks in NY.

Clay's about to build us a new deck, which I happen to believe is a terrible idea since summer is done, gone and finished. I'd like for him to instead install the "new" but "hardly used" toilet I purchased on Craig's List and re-tile the junky bathroom upstairs.

No, says Clay. We need a new deck to get us through the dark winter months.

Clay is going to be eating a lot of lonely meals on his deck this winter.

George has had about half a dozen hilarious quotes, many of which I've written on scraps of paper. Here are three of my favorites.

George: "Daddy, are dogs that talk and do karate real?"
Clay: "No."
George: "Good, cause I just had a dream where one was trying to kill me."

Setting: George is in the backseat of the car and spots a bus with a picture of Bart Simpson on the side.

George: The Simpson's aren't appropriate for kids 'cause they use words like fart."
Me: "Really? Have you see the show?" I ask this wondering if my mom let them see it at her house.
George: "No, but I've been focused on it for years."

George: "You know what my biggest problem is?"
Me: "No, what?"
George: "I can't fly."

2 comments:

Lisa Villard said...

I love George!

Anonymous said...

Robin, I agree with you. That's my grandson!! Takes after his dad.