Saturday, October 1, 2011

Act Now! Don't Miss it!

Last weekend my mom "babysat" George and Goldie for one hour while I ran some errands.

As I drove out of her driveway I could practically hear George yelling, "She's gone, let's turn on the TV."

When I returned, ONE HOUR LATER, George said the following;

"Mommy, there is a really big sale happening this weekend. They are going to have all the things you like. They even have bedroom sets!"

He also informed me "There's a fair happening. It's called the Puyallup Fair. We have to go. They said 'don't miss it.' That's what they said Mommy, 'don't miss it'."

George and Goldie have never seen broadcast TV at home. We just aren't TV watchers. So, this was George's first exposure to the very helpful world of commercials.

The next day as I was doing laundry, he saw my box of Oxy Clean and said, "Oh, this stuff can get out any stain. Seriously ANY stain."

Days later he was still talking about the Puyallup fair and how he "can't miss it" and I'm getting increasingly annoyed. So I called my mom, who thought all of this was hilarious. I told her that her punishment for corrupting George was to take him to the Puyallup fair.

And she did.

And the first thing she and my dad did when they got there was to buy him a cotton candy as big as his upper torso.



Hooray for T.V.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

See---TV is educational.

LARRY

Anonymous said...

Way to go Sharon!
Jan

kim said...

So, it's ok for George to appear in ads, but not to watch them?

deirdre doyle said...

LOL