Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Quick Update




I just can't stay up past 9:30pm! Actually nobody in our family can.

I'll give just a quick update, mostly for the grandparents and aunties 'cause I'm not sure that anyone else will find this interesting.

Goldie likes to dress like a ballerina in ballet slippers and twirly skirts. Tonight she wanted to wear a tutu to bed.

George woke up last night at 4 a.m. with a "fuzzy arm". He was crying 'cause his arm fell asleep and it freaked him out.

Goldie takes her shoes and socks off at every opportunity. In the car, in co-op, in the supermarket, EVERYWHERE! (And, do you know how big my belly is and how hard it is to constantly bend down and put them back on?)

Clay is reading The Trumpet of the Swan by E.B. White to George. George loves it but was confused by the part about the daddy swan crashing through a store window to steal a trumpet for his mute son. As George was falling asleep he asked, "Is that what we do when we have to have something?" Clay explained the best he could that birds don't talk or have jobs so that's what they do.

We had guests over for dinner and George put on his "wrestler outfit," which involves a bike helmet and underpants. He wanted to take off his underpants and Clay explained that it isn't polite to get naked when we have guests. To which George replied, "No, it's okay. I was going to leave the helmet on."

Clay is getting irritated by Goldie increasingly referring to him as "Clay Martin" instead of the more traditional "Daddy."

I made Snicker doodle cookies yesterday for the adorable two-year-old boy next door, simply because I was so charmed by him referring to them as "chicken noodle cookies."

Clay would like to report that Starbucks instant coffee isn't as good as the real thing, but pretty darned good for instant coffee.

And finally, George saw a pirate, complete with eye patch, eating dinner in his kitchen and was very interested. Turns out our friends, who invited us over for dinner, recently moved next door to Dale Chihully. Really.

3 comments:

leorabakes said...

You made my day! Actually, GEORGE made my day :-)

deebee said...

I love that George still feels he'll be dressed with only a helmet on...kids are so smahrt! And the Pirate must have been fun. I've been in his house once and it is fabulous...try to get in. I was fully entertained! I wish I was your next door neighbor because I'd like to put an order in for chicken noodle cookies too! And no, we don't know how big your belly is because you haven't posted a picture yet!

Anonymous said...

I laughed so hard a few tears crept out of my eyes. I want George to come and live with me and make me laugh everyday. He and Jon can both wear their helmets.

Regarding a previous post, might I suggest pulling your existing toilets and getting new low-flow, earth-friendly models? We have something that relies on gravity and less water and allegedly will suck down golf balls. It's an investment in the earth and the marriage.