Thursday, November 12, 2009

Ko'Olina means yum in Hawaiian

Anyone who knows me knows I love food.

Imagine my delight when my dad's contact at our hotel Cindy, who is the hotel supervisor, mentions she likes to bake. After an in depth discussion of cake crumb, frosting, and baking techniques I asked where I'd be able to pick up a good cake for Clay's birthday. She mentioned a few places, none of them near our hotel.

Fast Forward to yesterday when Cindy calls and says on her day off she baked Clay a red velvet cake and cupcakes. I'll just need to pick them up at the front desk.

So, today I went to the front desk and picked up a lovely homemade red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting, cupcakes, homemade caramel apples and a handmade flower lei that is a beautiful and intricate creation.

I ask you, does this often happen at hotels? No place I've ever stayed. http://www.koolina.com





And it was all so yummy!

5 comments:

Leora said...

Happy Birthday, Clay!!
PS I want to stay at that hotel. Remind me???

Anonymous said...

Did you get the recipe? Looks as if Clay had a great birthday. Can't beat spending it in Hawaii even without the perks of a special cake and lei. Hope your Mom & Dad are feeling better. Love to all. Audree (& Dad) XXX OOO

Anonymous said...

I especially like Clay's beer-and-cupcake menu--why bother with traditional pairings (like coffee) when you can just go wiiiild? Happy birthday-
xo Header

Anonymous said...

I think Hawaii would be a great place to live. Sounds like it has everything.

deebee said...

I love the birthday photo of clay and his cake...mind you the focus is all on the cake...oops what happened to the rest of his head. Yes you love food. And I love you.