Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Nothing to See Here, Auntie Donna

Warning to Auntie Donna: Do NOT read this!

OK, I bought Auntie Donna (that's Clay's sister) this great cookbook called The Pioneer Woman Cooks.

George and Goldie were really interested in it because it has beautiful pictures of horses. Lord knows they had no interest in the food shots, which I thought were more beautiful.

After they started bending up the book, I decided to go ahead and try some recipes for myself. So I cooked a chicken pot pie recipe from it and tonight this really great lasagna. (see below)

I know Donna will like this book, especially since she now has a Pioneer Man in her life who will like this type of cookin'.

So, I'm giving my sister-in-law a used cookbook for Christmas. But, this is our little secret, readers. If any of you should cross her path over the coming weeks, just act as if nothing is amiss because she thinks of me as the sort of person who would NEVER stoop so low as to give someone a used Christmas gift. And I must maintain that impression at all costs.


After Dinner

No comments: