Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Welcome Holiday Card Readers!

We have family visiting for a few days and with the exception of Grandma Jan, me and the kiddies, they are all out at a bar getting schnockered.

So, here is my update in photos.



Milo, George and Goldie got a duck tonight from Grandma Jan that sings "If You're Happy and You Know It." I love it so much that I might shower with it.


Clay asked our nephew Drew to peel potatoes and told him to just keep going until he said stop. Clay then got distracted and when I found Drew, alone in the kitchen, he had peeled 10 lbs. of potatoes and was still going strong.


Milo is the family foodie. He will not eat baby food from a jar or touch rice cereal. His favorite food is homemade soup. Finally. Someone with good taste! (Drew and Milo sort of look alike, no? Scroll back to the potatoes.)


Here is the homemade soup. If you look closely you can see the Parmesan rind and 17 varieties of beans.


Molasses cookies. Not pictured are the chocolate peanut butter cookies, more peanut clusters and magic cookie bars. Everyone agreed the peanut clusters are de-licios and Clay needs psychiatric evaluation.

I think we are down to 36 lbs. of flour now because I also made challah.

With the drunkees out getting drunk it seems like a good time to mention a few items we left out of our holiday cards. Two of these "items" were censored.

1. While I was giving birth to Milo, Clay ate a bratwurst and sauerkraut in the hospital delivery room. Did you know that sauerkraut is simply fermented cabbage? One is particularly sensitive to smells while in labor or pregnant. In Clay's defense, I did tell him to get something I wouldn't want. Mission accomplished, Clay!

2. Upon meeting a family from St. Louis, George asked them if they lived in the Arch.

3. Clay wanted to stop and teach me how to install our new car seat while we were getting into the car on the way to the hospital as I was going into labor with Milo. I appreciated the offer, but suggested we wait for a more opportune time.

These were just a few of the many highlights for the year.

If you didn't get a holiday card from us, email me your address.

Peace, out... homies.

No comments: