Monday, January 18, 2010

That Curly Haired Girl

This morning we had buttered bagels. Before taking a bite, George dipped his finger in the melted butter, took a taste said "The butter is old." The butter wasn't old. My friend brought it over yesterday aternoon so we could use it for baking. After nearly finishing my bagel, I realized we were eating unsalted butter, which makes sense for baking but not for eating on bagels. It took me nearly a whole bagel to notice the difference, but ol' eagle-tounge Martin detected the difference immediately. That's my boy! He has a great future as a food critic.

And Milo has two teeth, waves bye-bye and thinks it's hilarious when people fall down, or pretend to fall down. (See following video of Milo's response to Mike pretending to stumble and fall trying to pick up a balloon.) He's the sweetest ever and still our little Smilo.

And Goldie, that little Goldie... Three-year old Mateo was visiting from Yakima with his dad this weekend and after spending a little play time with the kids upstairs, he marched into the kitchen and adamently proclaimed "I don't care if I never see that curly haired girl again!" It was very diplomatic of him not no name names, but we're pretty certain who he was refering to (and probably said it for good reason).



By the way, if you are thinking of buying me a birthday gift, please don't buy unsalted butter or low fat dairy poducts.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Makes me laugh, What a great video. You could make some big money with it. I miss those smart kids.

Mike said...

I can only comment on the stunning videography of the Milo video. Brilliant.