Sunday, May 16, 2010

The Worst Mother's Day Ever

Now that it has officially been a week, I'm ready to talk about it.

The Worst Mother's Day Ever!

We woke up to George yelling, "Mommy and Daddy, I'm throwing up!" A few hours later Clay got sick and I got it later that night.

We ventured to Camano Island anyway where George and Clay slept and I played with Milo and Goldie. Milo ate a lot of sand and I ate a turkey dog, which tasted fine the first time, but was terrible when I got to revisit it on Monday morning. Sorry, was that too much information?

So, when we got to Camano Island my brother, Randy, was so sick his girlfriend had to take him to the emergency room. Something about an ulcer or gall stones or kidney stones or Rolling Stones... I don't know, to tell you the truth. He's fine now. I mean he's not sick anymore.

Anyway, this morning I wanted a re-do so we went out for DELICIOUS tacos at a place that shall remain nameless because I don't want the word to get out just yet. I need to keep it to myself for a few more weeks. Hint: They have queso on the menu!

The best part of the crappy mother's day was the beautiful Le Creuset dutch oven that Clay and the kiddos got me. I also loved my funny cards and sweet, sweet homemade gifts.

But other than that, man what a sucky Mother's Day!

1 comment:

Merritt said...

Sorry you had a bad Mother's Day - Yuck! You've been on my mind a bunch this week as a friend of mine is planning a trip to Seattle. You might just have to tell me the name of that taco place so she can go - I promise, she's a one-timer cuz she's from out of town!

Love the blog - it's a fun way to keep up. Love you!!