Monday, July 7, 2008

Babies having babies



When I was in first grade my best friend Katie Brennen (Katie if you happen to Google your name and see this I'd love to catch up!) and I got into her dad's shaving cream and had an absolute ball coating her fence, our hands and her cat Puffy. This lasted until her mom came outside and took the shaving cream away and reprimanded us. She was so angry and I never really understood why. Puffy seemed to like it.
That is why when Goldie was sleeping last week I proposed that George and I take out daddy's shaving cream and play! (I purchased 8 large cans of the stuff at Costco for pennies and figured that if Clay came home and we got in trouble there'd at least be seven more cans for him and he tends to use an electric razor so he'd be okay for the next 18 years.) We first started inside. I put Saran wrap onto a cookie sheet and neatly George dipped his pinky into the lather. After about thirty seconds he was making a mess and we moved into the backyard where clothing was removed (not mine) and George wanted to hold the can, spray the cream and make a mess.
After over an hour in the backyard with "the cream", George delighted in his typical bathing routine which takes place in Tupperware (see post entitled Our Week in Review) and made an even greater mess cleaning himself.
And, Clay came home and we didn't even get grounded, or anything.

No comments: