Tuesday, July 15, 2008

We've been so busy (gambling)!


We've had a ton of guests the last week and our last visitor leaves tomorrow. Yes, I'll be back to posting about all the dumb stuff that I think is funny very soon.
To satisfy your desires I'll give you three readers a little update on our day and tell about the lucky pennies our family found today. George found two at the swimming pool, I found one while walking on Broadway and Clay found one walking outside our house. And, if that wasn't enough someone handed Clay a penny out of the blue tonight not knowing about all these pennies. (No, it wasn't change for something he purchased, it was Ashley's mom from next door saying that he needed it to pay for the new house.) All this good luck was making me itch so I made my dad immediately drive George and I to 7-11. (Sharon and Hans were over for a short visit, not to take me to 7-11 at 9pm.) I bought ten lotto tickets, with Clay's cashola, and my dad bought nine with his retirement money. I also talked him into buying a scratch ticket and he won five bucks on the spot. (George cried when we had to give the scratch ticket back to claim our prize.) This was George's first trip to 7-11 and his first experience with gambling. It was very educational. He drank two coffee creamers, looked at the chips and admired the Slurpee machines. Damn- I should have showed him the nacho cheese and explained how cheese can also come in a liquid form. I promised we could go there again soon, maybe even tomorrow when we have to collect our millions. (Insert pinky in corner of mouth and laugh a wicked laugh.)

2 comments:

Debbie said...

I hope you will still remember me when you are rich.

robinwehl said...

debbie-
if you play your cards right i'll buy you a new house! or something...