Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Fall Update


Milo is working on mastering the raspberry and making good progress. I love that little tongue of his! Above is Milo in the excersaucer (thanks Julie!). Goldie or George put a halloween mask on him. If that weren't enough Goldie covered Milo in stickers today while riding in the backseat of the car. Imagine my surprise when we got to our destination and he looked like an airmail package. Poor guy.

Mike says the A-Kinase Anchoring Protein project is coming along nicely. (Translation: he's definitely working for the CIA.)

Clay's got another painting project and is continuing to ruin his clothing. Grrrr...

George made an awesome fort in the basement. It is with the box from his bunk bed and various blankets. If you come over you can watch "the climbing show," which seems to consist solely of him climbing around on it. I'll keep you posted on this.

Both G and G are so excited for Halloween. We've just learned our street is going to be closed to traffic. I'm thinking we may need more candy than last year. (Last year we gave out 660 pieces!)


George with black fangs.

I ate an entire Rainbow Rumble (three eggs with cheese, corn and mushrooms.) hash browns and two slices of toast) from Coastal Kitchen yesterday morning, a 16oz London Fog Tea Latte and two oatmeal cookies and was still hungry. I felt like The Very Hungry Caterpillar.
http://www.amazon.com/Very-Hungry-Caterpillar-Eric-Carle/dp/0399226907
By the way, Coastal Kitchen is no good. It wasn't even yummy.

My mom and dad lost their cat Charlie. A pet detective, not Ace Ventura, told my mom to pee in a jar and pour it in the driveway and the cat will come home. I was going to nominate my mom for Crazy Person of the Month. But then it actually worked! The cat returned that night. (I'm soliciting nominations for CPOTM, leave a comment with your crazy person's name.)

Clay and I had a date night with babysitting and actually met and spoke with Michael Chabon (the writer of Kavilier and Clay) at length. I think we both have a crush on him.


We visited the Bookmobile today.

George makes a magic potion in the sink upstairs called "Tummy Ache Potion". If you come over, you can try it. Rumor has it it actually works.

And if you do come over you'll have to take a somewhat slow tour of our light fixtures. We like to show guests each light fixture and give them the history of each one. Sorry, it is a package deal. First a tummy ache and then the tour.

2 comments:

JvA said...

Sylvie loves light fixtures--I should sign her up for that tour!

Leora Bloom said...

I'm on my way...