Thursday, June 24, 2010

Kew-ter than Pat-ewter



See that empty dish I'm holding? With the red sauce in it? Our dear friend Margot, pronounced 'Mar-go,' made delicious strawberry shortcake tonight and I had two helpings. She added cornmeal to the biscuits, which is ingenious if you ask me. I never spontaneously add cornmeal to baked goods. By the way, Milo would have been named Margot had he been a girl. My grandmother was Margot. She pronounced the T at the end.

Oh, and the bunny! I almost forgot about that cute bunny. Margot has 7 of them. Not my grandmother. She's dead. And they are tiny little things, the rabbits, I mean. Clay has had a lot of Belgian beer tonight and he's normally my editor. Belgian beer has a lot of alcohol. So if this post seems diffrent somehow, you'll understand why. You really haven't seen anything cuter. Cuter than the rabbits, that is... Couter. Kewter. Que-ter.. What a strange word... Margot's daughter is selling them if anyone is interested, meaning the rabbits.

By the way, Goldie put her hands on my hips yesterday and called them "hippos". Not sure what she was implying. Clay is drinking an awful lot tonight.

Does anyone have a good editor looking for a side job? If so, have them call me. Kley things I need him as an editor. But I don need him. He thinks hes so good. I can do just fine without him.

1 comment:

Leora Bloom said...

Are you sure it was Clay drinking the beer?