Tuesday, December 14, 2010

How I Plan to Get Out of Jury Duty

I have jury duty starting next week. Don't they know I'm a very, very busy woman?

I have cookies to bake and raffle tickets to buy! I also need to make a layer cake every other day. I understand it's my civic duty but here is how I'm planning to get myself excused:

1. Show up in a costume, most likely involving Goldie's tutu.

2. Declare that I'm a physic and I can save all of us a whole lot of time.

3. Nod toward the juror next to me and mouth "guilty" while secretly pointing at him/her.

4. Bring Milo with me.

5. Eat Sunchips out of their new compostable bag in the courtroom.

6. Raise my hand and ask if anyone has actually been convicted for shooting JR.

Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Leora Bloom said...

#4 and you're golden. Bring the layer cakes and you're dead. They'll have you on jury duty forever.

Anonymous said...

Or you could do your civic duty AND have lunch with me! (Ericka, that is.)

robinwehl said...

Ericka- so funny. I already told clay I was going to call you and have you meet me! Monday? Send me an email.