Wednesday, December 15, 2010

It's Too Painful To Talk About

However, you need to know about this cake.

I had to make this cake tonight. It's called the Sweet and Salty Cake
and I've been obsessing about it for days.



It was one of the most difficult cakes I've ever made. Or maybe my kids were the most difficult they've ever been. Or maybe it was just Milo.

While I was distracted with baking he "cleaned" our filthy basement toilet (the "prison potty," we call it) using my kitchen tongs and his entire body. When I found him he was soaked to the bone with dirty toilet water. (Thanks for saving the environment, Clay, by not flushing.)

I gave him a bath in the kitchen sink so I could:

A. Keep my eye on him
B. Clean him up
C. Occupy him while I finished baking

Not 10 minutes out of the bath he fell down the basement stairs, most likely trying to get back to the toilet to finish his cleaning job.



And, yes, those are blood stains on my shirt. The little guy cut his lip pretty badly.

Yup...

And the cake? It's the worst looking cake I've ever made. (See above photo.) But boy was it yummy. There isn't a slice left.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

best damn cake ever
Nancy