Friday, December 5, 2008

The nerve!



Remember in the 70's when it was okay to litter? (Clay doesn't remember, and that may be because his parents were better than mine.) I remember having a McDonalds milkshake and tossing the whole thing, shake and all, out the window of my mom's Toyota where I was sitting in the front seat without a seat belt.
It wasn't until "give a hoot, don't pollute" and Woodsy the Owl when I realized it was wrong. 1977 perhaps?

Fast forward 3o+ years to this morning, 8 a.m. I'm walking on 15th after Boot Camp class and see a lady roll down her car window and toss her trash out the window.
I was shocked. I couldn't bite my tongue. I looked at her through her open window, and said "Don't worry, I'll pick that up for you." Of course she ignored me.
The nerve!

No comments: