Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Roomba!



Remember the Simpson's episode where Homer says to a spoiled ten-foot hoagie that has given him food poisoning: "Sandwich, I could never stay mad at you."? He pulls it out of the trash because Marge has urged him to get rid of it. He's been eating and dragging it around for weeks with a nibble here and there.
I am going to guess that no one remembers, which is fine 'cause it really doesn't have to do with anything and I just think it is funny.

Which leads me to the next funny subject: Roomba.
Clay bought our family a Roomba on Amazon because this house has a lot of floor space which is often covered in dust and grime.
Long story short is that our family is in love.
And, when I say our family I really mean George, Goldie and Clay. It has saved us from getting a housekeeper for a while longer and the kids play tag with it. Goldie tells the Roomba goodnight before going to bed and the other day I could have sworn I heard Clay whisper to the Roomba "you complete me." I feel as though we're now a family of 5. Clay wants to get a car seat for the Roomba so we never have to be without it.
And, when it fell down the stairs on Sunday he said "Oh Roomba!" In his best Homer Simpson hoagie lovin' voice.

1 comment:

susie said...

We got the first generation Roomba - actually, my husband bought it for me for Christmas. We didn't have kids then and I still had paid employment, so I REALLY didn't appreciate the housewifey gift - anyway, all it did was bump into furniture and play dead like a frightened opossum. And then my dog attacked it.

I am SO glad you are having a much better experience with yours.