Sunday, February 22, 2009

Nomination for March crazy person of the month





I received this email tonight from a very good friend of mine. Don't you think she should be nominated? She shall remain nameless until the nominating committee has a chance to vote. Stay tuned!

"I had a very weird dream last night. I was about to give birth to twins and was in labor. I was with a bunch of other moms about to give birth, too. All of a sudden, the baby’s head was crowning, and I started crawling around and out popped baby #1. Only it was a doll. With really long black braids. And then baby #2 was coming and it was surprisingly easy to deliver. Because it was actually a microphone with a baby’s face on it. Yeah. And then it was sort of like in our college dorm when our parents would send us care packages. Only instead of care packages, we had apparently been implanted with whatever “baby” our parents had provided so that we could experience birth. Weird, no? And I was really disappointed that my mom had not only sent a doll with braids, but also a plastic microphone that was very much not a baby. Oddly I wasn’t at all upset that someone had apparently put toys in my uterus."

The March winner shall receive a back issue of Chainstore Magazine.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow. I'm just speechless. I accept your nomination. But just so you know, I'm an avid read of CSM. So you might have to go back a few years. Oh, and that doll is pretty much spot on. The microphone was somewhat...larger.