Monday, February 23, 2009

The weekend in pictures


First look at these cutie pies. Goldie had on striped PJ's and George went upstairs and put his on so they'd look like twins. These are a spare pair of pj's that were stolen from Nana's house and have yet to be returned.



Sweet Goldie turned two on Saturday! This is her cake Sunday night after we all had multiple helpings. (Nancy if you get really close you can see the texture of the crumb which was so fine.)




George and I went to Value Village on 11th and Pike (or Pine) to buy something interesting to put on top of Goldie's birthday cake. Unfortunately he picked out a trophy that was a hair too big for the cake. (It was only $2 so I bought it anyway 'cause he loved it so much.) Confidential to Jeff Bestlosof, if you want your trophy back, it is yours for $4.



I made some bow tie pasta that George and Goldie loved. Actually, I make pasta most days but just thought it looked especially nice on this robot plate. (Clay told me to take this picture out 'cause it doesn't add much. I'm not listening.)



My friend, and loyal reader, Leora taught me how to make some very delicious delicacies. Here is a picture of our croquembouche after Clay and I attacked it. OMG-how I love thee croquembouche...




And here is my Challah! Doesn't it look good?

Leora and I also made some chocolate malt ice cream which I am going to eat right now.

Gotta go!

1 comment:

kidshaus.typepad.com said...

Your Challah looks unbelievable! (that's not a pick-up line) and the chocolate malt ice cream is inspiring me to whip up some ice cream tomorrow. mmmm...