Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Bag o' Princess Underpants

Today's episode will feature rabbis, bags of underpants and TITS.

Both yesterday and today Goldie wore a bikini with a onsie, tights and a tutu. She calls this her ballerina outfit. She wore it to Little Gym and everyone thought it was adorable. It isn't so adorable. We get her dressed in "normal" outfits only to have her take them off and find her digging through her laundry basket and changing into something more ballerina like (and dirty).

After school George asked me to take him to Cupcake Royal for a snack. He got confused and asked for a "Rabbi Mirel cupcake". I think he meant Red Velvet cupcake. Rabbi Mirel is the rabbi at our temple.

When I open my bakery, which is going to operate from my garage, I am going to have Rabbi Mirel cupcakes on the menu. For those of you who didn't know I was planning on opening a bakery, it is going to be with my friend Nancy and we are going to call it "The Irish Jewish Bakery". Isn't that a catchy name?
http://theirishjewishbakery.blogspot.com

Tonight Clay, Milo and I had date night. We walked down to Hana sushi on Broadway. We ran into our friends Jacqueline and Brian who gave us a big bag full of princess underpants for Goldie and we walked home with them in the stroller, (the underpants that is, not Jacqueline and Brian.)

After the underpants encounter we stopped at Vivace Coffee to feed Milo and have a Beautiful Stephanie, which is the equivalent to a London Fog at Starbucks. I settled into my seat and prepared to nurse Milo when I looked at the guy typing on his laptop next me. He had two stickers on the back of his laptop that said "TITS" in big sparkling letters. Suddenly I felt aware of feeding in public and quickly covered up. Clay asked him where he could get one for his car.

Oh, and one final thing. Have any of you ever had your AMs confused with your PMs? We know two people now who have. One is Milo who likes to sleep all day and then stay up until 1 a.m. just to spite his parents. The other person to confuse the two was Clay's friend Jon Auer, who Clay once called at 7:30 p.m. It was obvious from his groggy voice that he had woken him up. Then they had this exchange:

Clay: "I'm sorry, did I wake you?"
Jon: "Yes! It's 7:30 in the morning!"
Clay: "No. It's 7:30 at night."
Jon: "Are you sure?"
Clay: "Yeah. I've been up all day"

Jon: "I'll call you back."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do Brian and Jacqueline always walk around carrying underpants?

Rock stars never know what time it is.

Are you abandoning this blog for the irish-jewish bakery thing?

ayhunt said...

David and I go on dates with our baby, too.

I'm so curious about this bakery.