Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Good times!

I have to be brief, Goldie and Milo are sleeping and George is playing mechanic under the kitchen table.

Here is a brief summary of what is going on with us.

Milo is a dream baby thus far and George and Goldie are crazy for him! (Even though George asked me what his name was today and Goldie can't seem to remember either. She thinks it is Mason.)

George asked me if "my milk" was chocolate flavored.

We loaded our family of five into the Prius for the first time today. Milo had his 5-day check up. He lost 6 oz and still weighed in at a whopping 8 lbs.

After our appointment I dropped Clay and Goldie at home for naps and George, Milo and I went to Target for provisions. While feeding Milo from the back seat in the Target parking lot, I learned that our child safety locks work VERY well. I got locked in the back seat and had to climb over the seats to get us all out -- not an easy post-partum task. I'm sure the whole thing was very amusing for anyone watching on a security cam.

Grandpa La La went home yesterday morning and we were all very sad, especially George who told him to come back soon and bring him something next time.

When Clay returned from the airport we found his toiletries kit, which Clay quickly mailed back to Florida. Small problem, it wasn't Grandpa La La's. Our friend Mike, who has been staying with us, no longer has a toothbrush or other essential items for grooming. They are on their way across the country to sunny Florida. Sorry Mike... We can explain.

4 comments:

kim said...

Hilarious. And happy to see Milo has been added to the headline. But where's his what he's into section?

Leora Bloom said...

Ditto the other comment - came over here to ask...what's Milo into?

Unknown said...

Oh, you make me laugh so, Robin! I'm imagining you climbing over the seat in the Prius right now! I don't think I could do that without pulling something and I didn't just have a baby. So funny about the toiletry bag! Won't Grandpa LaLa be surprised! In our house Mike's bag would be very safe. Nothing that efficient would ever happen.

kidshaus.typepad.com said...

We're still dying to know if your milk is chocolate flavored! (Did i just overstep my boundaries?).