Saturday, June 27, 2009

I need a mirror!

I returned home from book club Thursday night and Clay took a picture of me so that I can see what others see when I go out in public. If you look closely, you can spot traces of George's lunch, Milo's drool and Goldie's fingerprints all on one canvas.



I don't want to mention names but someone else in my family may need a mirror as well. Hint: It's not Roomba.



And while I'm on the subject of family, I just learned tonight that Clay knows how to Moonwalk! I laughed, I cried, I ate the whole thing. (Not sure what I ate but that sounds funny.) You think you know someone, and then...

I'm still shocked that Michael Jackson is no longer with us. When I was a kid I was a dedicated fan. I remember the day his hair caught fire while filming a Pepsi commercial in the way people of another generation remember where they were when Kennedy was shot. It was a dark and overcast January 27th, 1984. I was in the shag carpeted basement of Sharon Kiss watching Cannonball Run when the unfortunate news came over the wires.

I was also lucky enough to travel to Vancouver and see one of his shows, during which, I remarked to my friend that I couldn't believe we were breathing the same air as him. At the tender age of 11, I was already deeply profound.

Momma say momma saw ma ma cu saw, indeed...

1 comment:

Hugo's Momma said...

I'm still in shock. When I was in 9th grade our drill team did a dance routine to the very song you quoted.
This is the Elvis of our generation...so so sad.