Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Valomilk


This is a Valomilk. Today we discovered it's a bad idea to give them to your children to eat in the back of the car. They are very, very messy and far too yummy for children. Consider yourself warned!



Tonight we went swimming and George wore an old wet suit we found in my mom and dad's garage. It's padded so he keeps afloat and he looked like Violet from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory after she's blown up like a blueberry. He also wore one flipper and goggles. He was the "eccentric" kid.

Milo still keeps his fists closed tightly most of the day and when unfurled there is always a great collection of lint waiting to be removed. I should show George, since he loves to clean the lint out of the dryer.

Goldie melts my heart by drinking her milk so vigorously that she gets out of breath. Not sure why I love this, it just makes me smile.

George is attending Pirate Camp and thinks it is fabulous. Tomorrow is day four! Yar!

Goldie and I are writing a book on Seattle's Best Playgrounds. Today we reviewed Cowen Park and fell in love with their swings and old fashioned merry-go-round. Nothing delights her more than swings and slides. George has mastered the fire poll.

Milo smiles!

Last night I cooked my second worst meal, ever! Unfortunately it was for friends who had dined at a famous Seattle chefs house the previous night. I made overcooked, stringy halibut, which I can't even talk about. Gulp. I beg for a redo!

(Since you must know, my first worst meal was lemon pasta and I can't talk about that one either. The memory is too painful... It was also for company.)

Milo slept through the night once this week. He's a dream.

Goldie still says "o-tay" instead of "okay."

Clay has ruined four pair of pants, 8 t-shirts, one wallet, one belt from Barney's and a baseball cap by getting paint all over them. If you know of anyone who wants to rent an apartment in Madrona and finish the painting themselves, let us know. We don't have it in our budget for Clay to ruin any more clothing.

They can have $100 off the first month's rent.

5 comments:

JvA said...

What happens at pirate camp?

robinwehl said...

What happens at Pirate camp stays at Pirate camp. He wont tell me a damn thing.

kim said...

Where does one buy Valomilk?

Does Dale Chihuly run Pirate Camp?

Why can't Clay just keep wearing the same ruined outfit to paint? I swear, we all are married to the same man.

robinwehl said...

Zeitgeist coffee shop in Pioneer square, it is worth a trip.

robinwehl said...

Kim, Clay is cute but not so smart.