Tuesday, April 27, 2010

"Healthy Food, Fat Food"

At 6 a.m. this morning Milo and I were at Safeway on 15th. In my cart was wheat germ, apples, carrots, yogurt and baby food. The portly woman in line behind me was buying Cheetos and donut holes. I didn't notice this until she pointed at my basket and said in a LOUD voice, "Healthy food" and then pointed at her basket and said "Fat food." She repeated this a few times pointing back and forth, "healthy food, fat food. Healthy food, fat food." The checker and everyone within a 100 yard radius laughed out loud.

I needed to buy wheat germ at 6 in the morning to make cookies. Since every friend I have -- with the exception of Clay and Mike (and the lady behind me at Safeway) -- is on a diet, I decided I needed to make healthy cookies. They are packed with oats, wheat germ, wheat flour and taste like sand...

Yummy organic sand. Yuck!

I'm goin' to buy me some Cheetos and donut holes next time.

No comments: