Thursday, August 5, 2010

A Bigger and Better Clay

We've been walking a whole lot here in NY. Miles and miles. And it is kind of hot out, which makes us not want to eat. In my mind this translates to weight loss.

I was yakking on to Clay this afternoon that I didn't like the idea of him losing weight. And if that wasn't enough I told him if he lost weight I'd have to find myself a new husband.

Apparently, George was listening in because he piped in with, "Are you gonna get a bigger and better one?"

Since I'm so worried about Clay losing weight I sent him on another walk to the grocery store tonight to get me a Haagen Dazs ice cream bar. I even let him have a bite of it. See how considerate I am?

Here's some scenes from our day.

Talking the subway into Manhattan:


In the Museum of Natural History in front of a tree that started growing in 550 AD and was chopped down in 1896


We stumbled upon Hippo Park today on the Upper West Side. It's the best of all the great parks we've found so far.










By the end of the day our kids looked tired, dirty and possibly homeless. It was a good day.

No comments: