Friday, August 13, 2010

Cookies and Lamb

Sorry it's been so long. We've been too busy eating.

First things first. Look who we found in a park a few stops away from our house. Can you say babysitters?

Clay and I had a mid-day date at a Cuban place while all three kiddos got a much-deserved break from us.



Remember when I told you to get on a plane and head to the ice cream shop in DUMBO? Well I was wrong. Very, very wrong. This place is actually better. Can't you tell by Goldie's expression? The moment we get back to Seattle I'm going to walk directly into the kitchen, preheat the oven and attempt to make their pumpkin whoopie pies with cream cheese filling. Okay, I'll put the kids to bed first. Then I am going to start making up for lost time.



It is called One Girl Cookies and it is located on Dean Street, just take the F train to the Bergen stop.


If the cookie shop I plan to open goes under I am going to reopen it as an egg sandwich shop. Look at this beauty. This is what $2.50 buys you in NY. Oh egg sandwich, I could never stay mad at you.


Here is my almost-kindergarten boy climbing something cool in one of the fabulous Imagination Playgrounds. I'm pretty sure my cookie shop will have one of these inside. I'll have a good insurance plan.


After our Cuban meal, Clay and I saw this guy pushing a shopping cart of dead lambs down the street. I just want my lamb-loving friend Nancy to think of this the next time she orders in a restaurant. Thank goodness the children were with the Smoosh girls.

1 comment:

L said...

We were just talking about egg sandwiches!