Thursday, June 5, 2008

Thanks

A few weeks ago I invited my friend Debbie and her two children to the house my parents own on Camano Island. It was just for the day as Debbie's husband was in Berlin presenting a paper that won an award on a subject I can't even spell, much less write about.
We had a great day playing on the beach and splashing about in a plastic wading pool. And, playing fireman. (This is when George sprays you with the hose.)
When Debbie left she asked her son to say thank you to my parents for inviting them. George, in a rather bold manner interrupted and said "We didn't invite you, you invited yourself."
In keeping with the tradition of Debbie "inviting" her family places she sent me the following email last week.

Subject: When are you making this?
I want to drop by unexpectedly just as you pull it out of the oven.
http://www.thekitchn.com/thekitchn/dessert/weekend-recipe-rhubarb-lavender-crumble-052014

My response-
My calendar says June 5th.

Debbie's response-
perfect ;)

My response-
You guys will come for dinner, right?

Debbie's response-
Yes. Please tell George "This time, she not only invited herself over, she set the menu."

The crumble was yummy and we also had baked chicken and the following pasta from my latest obsession, The Chocolate and Zucchini cookbook.
http://chocolateandzucchini.com/archives/2006/05/cacao_zucchini_absorption_pasta.php

Thanks Debbie and feel free to invite your family over anytime.

By the way- Debbie has an interesting blog about travel with kids and she even posted pictures of the Camano trip.
http://www.deliciousbaby.com/journal/2008/may/20/daytrip-camano-island

1 comment:

Debbie said...

That Rhubarb-Lavender crisp was a test. You passed. Wait until you find out what you are making for me next week.